- Main Street Acupuncture6 N. Main St
Homer, NY 13077(607) 218-2048
Appointment TimesMonday10am - 7pmTuesday1pm-7pmWednesdayClosedThursday1pm - 7pmFriday10am - 7pmTo ensure quality care, schedules are made by appointment only.
Please call for information on last minute appointments.
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
- • Three Steps to Keep Winter Allergies at Bay •
- • Healthy and Hearty Winter Recipes •
- • Three Tips for Maintaining Your Mental Health in Winter •
Share this page:
More than 34 million Americans have diabetes, and approximately 90 percent of them have type 2 diabetes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Type 2 diabetes, while its exact cause is unknown, develops when the body becomes resistant to insulin or the pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin. Because of this, treatment often involves taking “insulin sensitizers” or medication that helps the body increase its sensitivity and therefore ability to process insulin, keeping the blood sugar from getting too low. Unfortunately, this medication often causes side effects, including weight gain and anemia. continue reading